Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sangría Tapas y Bar

After a recent trip to visit my brother in Northwest Spain, I'd been on a mission to find palatable vegan tapas in Dallas. My only experiences with Spanish tapas in town included fat-laden potatoes, olives, and way too much vino tinto! Having been accommodated by other Lombardi restaurants in the past, I decided to give Sangría Tapas y Bar a try...and they certainly did not disappoint! With their impressive wine list and standard menu items including Pimientos del Padron (fried peppers native to Northwest Spain), Marcona Almonds, and Esparragos y Setas a la Plancha (asparagus and oyster mushrooms sautéed in garlic and olive oil), I was happy to indulge in the Spanish feast! General Manager Gerald DuBose was extremely accommodating. On a whim, he had his chef prepare me a special dish consisting of mixed sautéed vegetables and informed me of other dishes that could easily be made vegan (Vegetable Paella and Vegetable Fideua) with advance notice. I plan on returning to Sangría Tapas y Bar very soon to sample their paella and fideua...and probably a little too much vino tinto
 

Try Sangría on Tuesday nights for half-priced bottles of wine, or hold off until the weekend for $6.00 bottomless brunch sangrías.

4524 Cole Avenue (off Knox)
(214) 520-4863

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I have never tried this place but I will now! Excellent review - I look forward to more!

iakovfacteau said...

The resulting countries of North Korea and South Korea have since been on vastly completely different paths over the previous seven decades. This additionally extends to the net world, as internet entry within the nation is either reserved for the elite, highly monitored, or limited to a nationwide intranet, comprised of some governmental websites. It goes with out saying then that online gambling in North Korea is practically non-existent. A study found out there’s a probability 1xbet that the number of lively gamblers are higher.